The HP N8460 Scanjet is a flatbed scanner with many features conducive to making your business run more efficiently. HP is a trusted name in printers and scanners, and you can get one for an inexpensive price. Though bulky, it could be just right for you and your business.
- 24 in. x 16 in. x 10 in. and weighing 33 lbs.
- Though this scanner isn’t massive or incredibly heavy, it takes up more space than others due to it’s incredibly long width. To be fair, that width gives it a nice, big window on which to scan.
- Optical resolution of 600 DPI.
- Perfectly great for any text-based document.
- If you have a lot of images to scan, you may want to think about using a higher resolution scanner. For odds and ends images, the N8460 will be fine.
- 35 PPM in black and white
- 20 PPM in color
- Not as fast as some other scanners, but also nothing to sniff at.
- Maximum size of 8.5 in. x 14 in.
- Because it’s a flatbed scanner, you can scan pretty much anything up to the maximum size. Any kind of paper, any size or shape, even 3D objects.
- ADF with 100 sheet capacity.
- Ability to scan both front and back of a page in one pass.
- Panel with 4 command buttons.
- Hi-Speed USB connection.
Overall Rating: 8/10
The HP N8460 is a fantastic scanner for many businesses, small or large. Its versatility allows you to scan basically anything (within reason) quickly and without fuss. Why didn’t it get 10/10?
- Its resolution is good, but not amazing. Again, for any text-based scanning, the scan quality will be great. Images, though, could be somewhat lacking.
- It could be hard to store. It has a very long base, which might make it harder to place in an office that doesn’t have much room or counter space.
- Its speed is good, but not great. Unless you’re scanning giant mounds of paper, it probably won’t matter, but the scan speed for the N8460 is literally half of other scanners.
More questions on this scanner? Leave a comment or give us a call at (608) 276-5559