The Panasonic KV S2026C pass-through scanner is a compact, high-resolution scanner. It could be just right for your business, depending on what you’re looking for. Let’s get into it!
- 13.5 in. x 19.2 in. x 10.6 in.
- 18.7 lbs.
- The S2026C is the perfect size for any small business. It’s compact and light-weight, making it easy to move and find space for.
- 600 DPI.
- That’s pretty good. Any text document will look great. Pictures are doable and will look professional, but if you’re always scanning photos you may want to upgrade.
- 40 PPM (B&W)
- 18 PPM (Color)
- The black and white is O.K. The color is kind of slow. I mean, I guess 1 sheet every 3ish seconds is fine, but there are other scanners with much higher speeds.
- Minimum scan size of 2.0 in. x 2.8 in.
- Maximum scan size of 8.5 in. x 14 in.
- Plain paper, between .05-.51 mm thick.
- The S2026C can handle most of your scanning needs, so long as they consist of plain paper. Business cards and over-sized sheets are fair game.
- Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) with 120 sheet capacity.
- SCSI and USB connectivity capabilities.
- Windows compatibility.
Overall Rating: 5/10
The Panasonic KV S2026C has a lot of really great qualities. However, it’s got a few that make me raise an eyebrow. Why only 5/10? Well, let’s start with the high points.
- The size of this scanner is perfect. It’s small and easy to move, making it a home run for any business that has limited space.
- The scan resolution for the S2026C is pretty good, especially for its size. All your text documents will look phenomenal, and your pictures will be decent enough.
- The ADF is a great feature with a huge capacity!
Now on to some of the lower points.
- This scanner is slower than most others like it. If you have heavy-duty scanning needs, this could potentially double or even triple your time at the scanner.
- Though this pass-through scanner is good, it doesn’t give you the freedoms that flatbed scanners do. You’re much more limited in what you can scan.
- In general, the features of the scanner are underwhelming. There’s no buttons or panel on the scanner to make for easy one-touch scanning, there’s no automatic sensors. It’s a standard scanner. Which would be okay, except the price of this scanner doesn’t match up with other scanners with the same features.
Overall, this is a good scanner. It does the job and will give you a quality scan. If it were a lower price, it would be amazing. However, compared to other scanners in a similar price range, some of its features just don’t match up. That being said, maybe all you want is a no-fuss, reliable scanner. If that’s the case, you could be very happy with the KV S2026C! If you’re looking to buy, they’re sold on Ebay and ScannerParts.Biz!