The Panasonic KV S1025C scanner is a great little scanner that packs a big punch. It could be perfect for any small business! Let’s get into the details!
- 12.5 in. x 8.5 in. x 7.8 in.
- 9.3 lbs.
- This scanner is perfect if you have very limited space. It’s compact and lightweight, making it easy to move around.
- 600 DPI.
- Great resolution, especially for such a small scanner.
- Any text documents will look clean and crisp. Images will be good, but not great.
- 26 PPM
- Not super quick. Still, one page every other second is acceptable.
- If you have mountains and mountains of papers to scan every day, then the KV S1025C may not be right for your business. If you just have casual scanning, though, the speed won’t make a difference.
- Minimum 1.9 in. x 2.8 in.
- Maximum 8.5 in. x 100 in.
- Basically, you can scan anything as long as it’s not too thick or wide.
- Automatic document feeder (ADF) with 50 sheet capacity.
- Ability to handle many different types of paper.
- Double feed prevention roller system.
Overall Rating: 8/10
The KV S1025C has so many great qualities that are perfect for any small business. Here are its highlights:
- Super compact. The dimensions and weight of this scanner are unbeatable. It can fit anywhere, and is light enough that anyone can move it around with ease.
- Scan resolution. It can be hard to find a scanner that has great scan resolution while not taking up an entire room by itself. The KV S1025C does just that. At 600 DPI, this scanner will give great text (and image) scans.
- Freedom to scan! For not having a flatbed glass to scan on, you still have incredible freedom in what you’re scanning. Yes, it still needs to be paper-based, but the length you can scan is crazy.
Why didn’t it get 10/10? A couple issues:
- The speed. I know I said that unless you have mounds of paperwork, it won’t make a difference. And I stand by that. But maybe you do have mounds of paperwork. Or maybe you’re just really impatient. Either way, 26 PPM is definitely on the low-end and can’t be overlooked.
- The lack of fun extras. It’s a straight-up scanner, and I can respect that. But lack of OCR software, a digital display panel, or basically any other “fun” add-on brings it down a notch. Competitors have some of these fun things, so it’s another issue that, though small, can’t be overlooked.
The Panasonic KV S1025C scanner could be perfect for your business. It has tons of great things going for it, with only minor issues to get around. If you’re looking for one, they’re sold on Ebay and ScannerParts.Biz.