The Fujitsu fi-5220C flatbed scanner does a great job combining the capabilities of a flatbed scanner and a sheet-fed scanner into one of the best scanners for the price. Let’s look into its details, shall we?
- 9 in. x 11.9 in. x 22.4 in.
- 18.5 lbs.
- A great size for any cramped space. It’s long, but otherwise not too bulky or heavy.
- 600 DPI.
- Pretty great. Of course, you can opt for lower resolutions to increase scan speed, but the option of 600 DPI is nice.
- Your text documents will look excellent, and your pictures will be good (but not great).
- Normally I’d just give you numbers, but turns out there’s a great graph that explains it much better!
- Basically, it’s not the fastest of scanners. In black and white, it’s mediocre, and in color, it’s somewhat slow.
- Maximum scan size of 8.5 in. x 34 in.
- Because it’s a flatbed scanner, you can also scan 3D objects that fit on the flatbed.
- This scanner gives you a lot of versatility in what you can scan.
- Automatic document feeder (ADF) with 50 pg. capacity.
- Embossed card scanning capability (ie: credit cards).
- Auto page size detection.
- Convenient function buttons.
Overall Rating: 9/10
The fi-5220C is a fantastic scanner. It would be a wonderful asset to any business or home for many reasons. Its highlights are pretty great:
- Size! It’s a great size. It’s not too big or heavy, making it easy for even the most cramped of workplaces to store.
- Resolution! For a small scanner, it has great scan resolution. When you need high quality scans, the fi-5220C won’t let you down.
- Versatility! A flatbed scanner and a sheet-fed scanner combined means you have the best of both worlds.
You must be asking, then, why did I not give it a perfect 10/10? One word:
- SPEED. The fi-5220C is painfully slow if you want to get a quality scan. Granted, some businesses only have a few sheets of paper to scan every hour or so. If that’s the case, this scanner is for you. But, many businesses need a scanner that can handle tons of scans per hour. I couldn’t, in good conscience, give it a perfect score when this major component is so lacking.
Basically, if your business needs a scanner but it isn’t an intricate part of everyday life at the office, the Fujitsu fi-5220C flatbed scanner would be perfect. If you’re looking to buy one, they’re sold on Ebay and ScannerParts.Biz!