The Canon Dr-9080C is a freak of nature.
It has amazing scan speed, great resolution, and is overall one of the best sheet-fed scanners you’re gonna find!
- 12.2 in. x 18.1 in. x 20.7 in.
- 55 lbs.
- Not tiny, not huge. It will fit snugly in a small office, but you may break your back trying to move it if, like me, you have zero upper body strength.
- 600 DPI.
- Great text document scans and decent image scans. It’ll for sure get the job done.
- 90 PPM.
- HOLY CATS. Better check your socks, because I think they have been blown off. This is ridiculously fast.
- The DR-9080C is an animal.
- Minimum scan size of 2.2 in. x 2.8 in.
- Maximum scan size of 12 in. x 39.4 in.
- Basically, all paper things are scan-able. You even have the option of doing an exceptionally long scan.
- Automatic document feeder (ADF) with 500 pg. capacity.
- Ultrasonic double-feed detection, which helps to avoid paper jams and keeps your scans running smoothly.
- Staple detection, which, again, helps prevent paper jams and keeps those scans a-comin’.
- Canon Multistream technology. It’s able to support simultaneous output of color, black-and-white, gray-scale, or color dropout images for a unique level of flexibility.
Overall Rating: 9.5/10
To be blunt, the Canon DR-9080C is amazing. It hits high marks on basically everything you could want in a scanner for your office.
- THE SPEED. Probably its biggest high point is just how fast this scanner is. It blows its competitors out of the water in this respect. For many businesses, the speed of a scanner is a huge selling (or not) point. There will be no lines at the scanner if the DR-9080C is in your office.
- The ADF perfectly complements the speed of this scanner. A 500 pg. automatic document feeder means you’ll have a little more than 5 minutes between pressing “scan” and needing to return to the scanner to reload. But really, most people don’t have 500 pages to scan in one sitting, so it’ll be as easy as pressing scan and walking away.
- Scan resolution. Most scanners have to make a trade-off: will they be faster, or will they have a higher quality scan. The DR-9080C, though, has both! It allows you to have great scans in an incredibly short period of time. What more could you want?
Well, there were just a couple minor setbacks for this scanner that made it lose the .5 points. They were:
- Its size. It’s a little bulky. It’s not awful, but definitely not the easiest of machines to move around or store.
- It has limitations because it’s not a flatbed scanner. Granted, many businesses don’t absolutely need a flatbed scanner, but it’s a nice option to have.
Obviously these two points are incredibly small, and overall the Canon DR-9080C is a fast, high-quality scanner that would rock your office’s world. Unless you have a teeny tiny office or you’re constantly scanning 3D objects, you can’t find a better scanner than this one. If you’re looking for one, they’re sold on Ebay and ScannerParts.Biz!