The Panasonic KV S1025C scanner is a great little scanner that packs a big punch. It could be perfect for any small business! Let’s get into the details!
- 12.5 in. x 8.5 in. x 7.8 in.
- 9.3 lbs.
- This scanner is perfect if you have very limited space. It’s compact and lightweight, making it easy to move around.
- 600 DPI.
- Great resolution, especially for such a small scanner.
- Any text documents will look clean and crisp. Images will be good, but not great.
- 26 PPM
- Not super quick. Still, one page every other second is acceptable.
- If you have mountains and mountains of papers to scan every day, then the KV S1025C may not be right for your business. If you just have casual scanning, though, the speed won’t make a difference.
- Minimum 1.9 in. x 2.8 in.
- Maximum 8.5 in. x 100 in.
- Basically, you can scan anything as long as it’s not too thick or wide.
- Automatic document feeder (ADF) with 50 sheet capacity.
- Ability to handle many different types of paper.
- Double feed prevention roller system.
Overall Rating: 8/10
The KV S1025C has so many great qualities that are perfect for any small business. Here are its highlights:
- Super compact. The dimensions and weight of this scanner are unbeatable. It can fit anywhere, and is light enough that anyone can move it around with ease.
- Scan resolution. It can be hard to find a scanner that has great scan resolution while not taking up an entire room by itself. The KV S1025C does just that. At 600 DPI, this scanner will give great text (and image) scans.
- Freedom to scan! For not having a flatbed glass to scan on, you still have incredible freedom in what you’re scanning. Yes, it still needs to be paper-based, but the length you can scan is crazy.
Why didn’t it get 10/10? A couple issues:
- The speed. I know I said that unless you have mounds of paperwork, it won’t make a difference. And I stand by that. But maybe you do have mounds of paperwork. Or maybe you’re just really impatient. Either way, 26 PPM is definitely on the low-end and can’t be overlooked.
- The lack of fun extras. It’s a straight-up scanner, and I can respect that. But lack of OCR software, a digital display panel, or basically any other “fun” add-on brings it down a notch. Competitors have some of these fun things, so it’s another issue that, though small, can’t be overlooked.
The Panasonic KV S1025C scanner could be perfect for your business. It has tons of great things going for it, with only minor issues to get around. If you’re looking for one, they’re sold on Ebay and ScannerParts.Biz.
Posted in Reviews
Tagged ADF, Automated Document Feeder, automatic document feeder, Business, compact, DPI, ebay, freedom, Imaging Systems, KV, media, Pansonic, PPM, Printer, Printing, Resolution, review, S1025C, scan resolution, Scanner, scanner parts, scannerparts, scannerparts.biz, scanning, small business, Speed
The HP N8460 Scanjet is a flatbed scanner with many features conducive to making your business run more efficiently. HP is a trusted name in printers and scanners, and you can get one for an inexpensive price. Though bulky, it could be just right for you and your business.
- 24 in. x 16 in. x 10 in. and weighing 33 lbs.
- Though this scanner isn’t massive or incredibly heavy, it takes up more space than others due to it’s incredibly long width. To be fair, that width gives it a nice, big window on which to scan.
- Optical resolution of 600 DPI.
- Perfectly great for any text-based document.
- If you have a lot of images to scan, you may want to think about using a higher resolution scanner. For odds and ends images, the N8460 will be fine.
- 35 PPM in black and white
- 20 PPM in color
- Not as fast as some other scanners, but also nothing to sniff at.
- Maximum size of 8.5 in. x 14 in.
- Because it’s a flatbed scanner, you can scan pretty much anything up to the maximum size. Any kind of paper, any size or shape, even 3D objects.
- ADF with 100 sheet capacity.
- Ability to scan both front and back of a page in one pass.
- Panel with 4 command buttons.
- Hi-Speed USB connection.
Overall Rating: 8/10
The HP N8460 is a fantastic scanner for many businesses, small or large. Its versatility allows you to scan basically anything (within reason) quickly and without fuss. Why didn’t it get 10/10?
- Its resolution is good, but not amazing. Again, for any text-based scanning, the scan quality will be great. Images, though, could be somewhat lacking.
- It could be hard to store. It has a very long base, which might make it harder to place in an office that doesn’t have much room or counter space.
- Its speed is good, but not great. Unless you’re scanning giant mounds of paper, it probably won’t matter, but the scan speed for the N8460 is literally half of other scanners.
Obviously these issues are small and probably won’t have an effect on many businesses. If you think the HP N8460 could be right for your business, it’s sold on eBay and ScannerParts.Biz!
More questions on this scanner? Leave a comment or give us a call at (608) 276-5559
Posted in Reviews
Tagged 3d, ADF, Automated Document Feeder, black and white, call, color, comment, connection, dimension, dimensions, DPI, ebay, hewlett packard, hp, media, N8460, Panel, PPM, Resolution, review, scan, scan resolution, Scanjet, Scanner, scannerparts, Speed, trusted name, USB