The Canon DR 3080C sheet-fed scanner is a small, light-weight scanner that is perfect for small businesses with limited space. It has some areas that could be better, but for its low price, it could be juuuustttt right for you and your small business!
- 13.5 in. x 11 in. x 7.5 in.
- 18 lbs.
- Really compact and light-weight. It’s perfect for cramped offices and tight spaces.
- 300 DPI.
- Your text documents will look pretty good.
- I wouldn’t recommend too much image scanning, as the resolution won’t do your images justice.
- Black and White: 43 PPM.
- Color: 10 PPM.
- While not lightning fast, it’s not super slow, either. The black and white is a respectable speed, and for many businesses, black and white scans will make up 99% of all their scanning.
- As it’s a sheet-fed scanner, plain paper products (or paper products that aren’t too much thicker, such as business cards) are compatible with this scanner.
- Minimum scan size of 2.2 in. x 2.8 in.
- Maximum scan size of 10.1 in. x 39.4 in.
- Automatic document feeder (ADF) with 100 sheet capacity.
- On screen “scan panel” for easy operation.
Overall Rating: 7/10
The Canon DR 3080C scanner leaves a lot to be desired. Its scan resolution is OK, but nothing amazing, just like its scan speed. It doesn’t have many extras, and it doesn’t have the versatility that a flatbed scanner would provide. However, it is a fairly inexpensive scanner that is very light-weight and compact, and more importantly it will get the job done. For its low cost, it could definitely be an asset to a company that has a small budget but a need for a reliable scanner.
Like I said, the Canon DR 3080C scanner isn’t for everyone. Some businesses need faster speed or higher resolution. However, if you need an inexpensive scanner that is reliable, it could be just right for your small business! If you’re interested in buying one, they’re sold on Ebay and ScannerParts.Biz!