The Fujitsu M3096E scanner is an inexpensive, versatile flatbed scanner with sheet-fed capabilities. Its price and reliability could make it the perfect scanner for your small business!
- 27.4 in. x 19.7 in. x 6.8 in.
- 38.6 lbs.
- It’s smaller than most flatbed scanners, and would probably fit in any small office without issue.
- 400 DPI.
- Not amazing, but not awful, either. Your text documents will look great, but if you have a lot of image scanning to do, you may want to look elsewhere.
- 22 PPM.
- That’s pretty slow. The median for scanners is in the upper 30’s, so the M3096E is definitely lacking in this area.
- Minimum scan size of 6.8 in. x 8.3 in.
- Maximum scan size of 11.7 in. x 17 in.
- Flatbed scanner allows for 3D (and smaller paper) scanning capabilities.
- Automatic document feeder with 50 sheet capacity.
Overall Rating: 8/10
The Fujitsu M3096E is a great scanner for many businesses. It’s lacking in a lot of areas, as I’m sure you noticed, so why did it get a whopping 8/10? Price. This scanner is incredibly inexpensive, coming in at around 1/3 of the price of many other flatbed scanners. Yes, it leaves much to be desired, but if you just need a versatile scanner with a decent scan resolution that’ll get the job done without breaking the bank, this scanner is perfect.
Obviously if your business needs a faster, higher resolution, more gadget-y scanner, then the M3096E is not for you. But, I know there are plenty of businesses that just need a reliable scanner for a good price, in which case this Fujitsu model could be perfect. If you’re looking to buy one, they’re sold on Ebay and ScannerParts.Biz!