The Fujitsu fi-4860C sheet-fed scanner is a compact color scanner that can serve the needs of any small business with scanning needs. Let’s get into the details.
- 20.5 in. x 17 in. x 20.6 in. and weighing in at right around 100 lbs.
- The fi-4860C could fit in even the most cramped of workplaces, but you might break your back if you ever have to move it.
- Optical resolution of 400 DPI. Not too shabby, but not amazing either.
- It’ll be fine for text-based documents, but you should probably go a different route for image scanning.
- 63 PPM for color scans
- 74 PPM for black and white scans
- Obviously that’s super fast. More than 1 per second means you aren’t standing in line at the scanner all day.
- Minimum scan of 2.9 in. x 2.9 in.
- Maximum scan of 11.7 in. x 17 in.
- Scans plain paper. It can scan small business cards to large, A3 pages, so long as they are plain paper.
- SCSI connectivity.
- 500 page ADF (automatic document feeder).
- Page-end detection.
- Compatible with PC.
Overall Rating: 6/10
The fi-4860C scanner could be a 10/10 for so many businesses. It has a plethora of great features such as fast scanning, huge ADF capacity, small storage space needed, the list goes on. However, there are some short-comings to this scanner that make it only a 6/10 for me.
- It is a sheet-fed scanner. Which could be perfectly great for your business. But, I think flatbed scanners allow for more versatility and options when it comes to your scanning needs. Sheet-fed scanners are more prone to paper jams and complications than flatbed scanners, but flatbed scanners generally take up more space.
- It’s incredibly heavy. Okay maybe that’s just my incredibly weak upper-body talking, but for something so small, how does it weight that much? It could end up being a total hassle to move around.
- The scan resolution is pretty low. Again, maybe you’re only ever scanning text documents. But wouldn’t it be nice to have the option to produce a crisp image scan should a situation arise where you needed to?
This scanner really is a great scanner. But, as far as an “all-around” scanner goes, there are probably better ones to be had. That being said, if all your business needs is a quick, text-heavy scanner, then the fi-4860C could be perfect for you.